PROJECT SUPPORT ASSISTANT/ACCOUNTANT
The Project Support Assistant/Accountant is expected to provide both project financial administration and support to the overall operation of ICRAF-PGR Project of Building upon Policy Advances: Next Steps in Strengthening the Community-based Natural Resources Management Framework in Indonesia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
· Project Financial Administration: Responsible for financial administration of the project. This includes accounting recording to reporting of the project financial transactions.
o Prepare disbursement and journal vouchers following the Centre and Donor financial system and procedures.
o Verify financial reports from sub-contractors and ensure the adequacy of supporting documents and compliance with donor requirements
o Enter daily transactions into the Centre SUN system and Donor reporting template in excel.
o Prepare monthly financial report to donor incorporating the project and sub-contractors financial transactions.
· Project Implementation: Responsible to maintain project administration and provide administration assistance
o Develop, implement and maintain an effective communication among project partners including donors, sub-grantees, field office staffs, and other partners related to ICRAF-PGR project activities
o To be the key liaison person for the project
o Assist the project in implementing the activities including workshops, training, cross-visit, and field visits.
o Assist in report compilation and sub-grantees report coordination for timely project reporting
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Bachelor degree in accounting or management with exposure in project accounting and financial reporting
· Min 2 years of working experience in relevant field
· Experience in working with an international organization would be valuable
· Fluency in English, both oral and written
· Fast leaner
· Excellent interpersonal & communications skills
· Willing to work with tight deadlines and in teamwork.
· Good organizational skills.
Terms of offer:
- This is a Nationally Professional Fixed Term position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- The contract is for a period of one year, with possibility of renewal, subject to assessment of performance, and availability of resources.
Please submit your applications (code: Accountant) with relevant qualifications, experiences, reference and a recent photograph not later than April 25, 2008 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (0251) 625416.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the requirements stated above will be contacted.
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is one of a network of 15 Future Harvest Centres of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). As a global leader in agroforestry research and development, ICRAF’s ultimate purpose is to improve human welfare by reducing poverty, increasing cash income, improving food and nutritional security, and increasing environmental resilience through improved agroforestry systems. ICRAF has it’s headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and works in 21 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
In 1993, the World Agroforestry Centre opened a program for Southeast Asia with Bogor, in Indonesia, as its regional headquarters. We currently work in five Southeast Asian countries including Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and China.
ICRAF believes that staff diversity promotes excellence, and strongly encourages women to apply. We invite you to learn more about ICRAF and the positions at our web site http://www.worldagroforestry.org/sea